Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Two People

Tonight I have watched a tv show about women who want to join the fire brigade. The narrator told us that they're finding it hard, especially the woman who measures in at 5'1" because the equipment they have to carry weighs 104kg, "The equivalent of two people...."

Christ, that's encouraging.

In other, better news, dinner tonight was a bowl of the most amazingly simple yet delicious Spaghetti Aioli with Chili. I kind of picked up this recipe when I nipped down to Milan for the day (I love saying that) in February. While I ate a bowl of Gambaretti & Ruccola, my lunch companion enjoyed what looked like the most delicious bowl of pasta ever. I tried it at home tonight. I sauteed an onion, two large red chilis, one which I left the seeds and pith in and five (yes, five) large cloves of garlic in a few tablespoons of good olive oil. I boiled up a pot of spaghetti in salted water, drained it when al dente (Gosh, I'm just so Eurotrash!) and stirred in the sauteed onion, garlic and chili with the olive oil. Serve with shaves of (WW) parmesan. So easy yet so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, keep away from pasta and noodles! I had to say that. I`ve been saying that a lot to myself lately too. Sigh.

Unknown said...

See, there are advantages to living in Europe. I love telling all my friends that I do day trips to other countries (we are building so we don´t get out too much, but summer hols in Italy!!!!!!). Good luck with your diet. I´ve been trying to lose baby fat, but I like wine and chips. My husband and I try to restrict it to 2 nights a week, but usually more often than that we will indulge (whole bottle each and whole packet of chips). My incentive is that we don´t have so much money so I can´t buy new clothes. I´m working on the diet guide I found in the Australian Woman´s weekly, January edition (I think). It gives portion sizes. I lost 10 kilos in 3 months so it must be doing soemthing right (because we still didn´t give up our wine and chips. Just maintained it to weekends). Still have a bit to go. Good luck.