Tuesday, May 27, 2008

130.4 kgs

Surprise! I have no idea how I managed to go down 1.5kgs this week but I'm not arguing. I think I may have just used plain, old-fashioned "moderation". That is, I didn't eat a whole birthday cake in one sitting. In fact I enjoyed a slice of birthday cake on my birthday and there was some left over for the next day. And the day after that (although that was only a "half" slice). I tried to plan my meals a little better this week, thinking ahead more. Considering apero snacks (anti-pasto) as my evening meal instead of eating apero snacks and then eating a main meal later in the evening. Favourite healthy-yet-delicious food this week has been red pepper hummus.

I enjoyed the crap out of my birthday champagne* and I enjoyed a glass or two of wine this week as well along with a couple of Hob Nobs during evening reading with Ewan.

Exercise wise, I still haven't been in the pool but I have been a bit more active this week than last week with a trip into Zürich (admittedly to drink beer...) and I spent Sunday working out on the balcony, making it all pretty for Summer. I love Summer. I went out for my usual walks though and I love going walking with a friend. Why can't all exercise be as fun as walking with a friend?

I'm not going to get all smug though. For all I know, my scales could be having their period and be all wrong. Let's wait to see what they say next week.

*During a recent visit to a winery, I asked a champagne maker about the old wives tale about chilling champagne. Someone once told me if you chill champagne and then take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temp, re-chilling it is not good for the bubbly. "Rubbish!" says my personal champagne-maker and tour guide, "It makes no difference at all." So there you have it. If you buy champagne and it's chilled, there's no harm in storing it for a little while before re-chilling it to serve.

1 comment:

Antipo Déesse said...

Darls, were you really "working out" on the balcony? Or working, outside, on the the balcony? Subtle difference!

Well done though! Brava ragazza!