Monday, March 12, 2007

125.9 Watch me break all of my rules

I'll be back later, once I've swallowed my incredibly bitter little pill and try to make sense of it.

Later: Not very fucking good, is it?
  • I will weigh myself every Monday come hell or high water I weighed myself on Friday 123.3. It was very uplifting. I weighed myself again yesterday 124.5. I was happy with 124.5. I would have been happy with 125.9 if I hadn't seen the lower figures earlier in the week.
  • I will stop making excuses if I gain weight and I will stop placing unrealistic expectations on myself I ate pizza last night while we were out. It was well within my points but I know that eating salt and floury/bread products make me retain water.
  • I will not be disappointed if I do not lose 1kg/week I am really, really pissed off that I haven't even lost 1kg.
OK, so apart from the end result, it was a good week. I exercised five days out of seven. I managed to eat very heathily and stay within my points. I lost 700g which is nearly 2lbs.

I spent all Friday looking forward to a martini as a treat for being so good all week. When Mr Mac came home he went to make it for me, only to fiond our ice was tainted with prawn stink from the prawns which had been freezing next to the ice. I was so disapppointed that I couldn't even choose another cocktail which didn't require ice. I had an intense craving for a massive bag of crisps and a gigantic bar of chocolate but managed to overcome it somehow.

Jeezus, it's going to be a long, hard (that's what she said) slog.

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

But you are losing some weight which is great! Good on you for not eating the chocolate and crisps.....

I'm sending you some diet-y stuff in the mail. If you like it, let me know I'll send more....

Ms Mac said...

Oooh Andi, your new profile pic looks like it should be in the Louvre!

Where the wild ones grow said...

Bravo Mrs Mac, you are so inspiring, you can do it.
My rules were and still are

1: three meals a day(small ones)
2: little or no snacking...NO SNACKING until you reach your goal.
3: I allow treats such as wine et cetera....Got to enjoy the finer things in life.
I have found Jamie Oliver to be an inspiration...cringing when I say that, but it's true....
Champagne to be opened in celebration soon, fancy a week-end in the south of France???
Maria

Ms Mac said...

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your encouragement. I hope I can keep going. I'm trying to stick to 3 meals a day as well but the snacks in between are fruit. I was a bit weak this week and fell foul of a bag of crisps/chips but I'm getting there. Still no chocolate!

Champagne in the South of France? Sounds like heaven!